In light of the COVID-19 global pandemic, the Tensing Pen staff has been busy training for, and implementing enhanced health and safety measures in accordance with the government and WHO guidelines.
In addition, we have amended our cancellation policy to take away headaches and uncertainty so you can book your relaxing getaway with mind at ease.
As of January 26, 2021, here are the most current travel requirements:
1. Visit www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization to get the latest info on requirements for your country of origin.
2. Fill out a required form up to 5 days prior to arrival, but no less than 2 days prior to travel.
3. Guests who are residents of the United States of America (USA), Brazil, Dominican Republic or Mexico, are required to obtain either a COVID-19 RT-PCR or Antigen rapid test no more than 10 days prior to their intended date of travel.
4. Starting January 26, 2021, U.S. residents returning home are required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test 3 days prior to re-entry.
But no worries, Tensing Pen got your back! We will provide government-approved rapid antigen testing to our guests free of charge***, with little to no interruption to your relaxation.
5. Starting January 24th, 2021, Canadian residents returning home are required to obtain a COVID-19 RT-PCR test no earlier than 3 days prior to their re-entry. Canadian guests must arrange for their own test. They can opt to submit an application on the online portal of approved labs (such as Microlabs), to receive further details on the testing process and to schedule an appointment.
6. The CDC’s most recent guidelines are subject to change. We promise to do our best to accommodate you and keep you informed with the latest developments.
*** Valid for stays of 5 days or more. Conditions apply***
Training and Awareness: Extensive staff training on Covid-protocols safety awareness; Staff-required masks and other personal protection equipment; Temperature check for all staff, vendors and anyone entering property.
Airport Transfers: Safety protocol training for our driver; Sanitization of all vehicles and guests luggage; Face masks required for drivers and passengers; Other social distancing and safety measures inside the vehicles.
Check-In: Optional touch-free online check-in; Sanitized areas between each check-in; Masks for staff and guests; Sanitized luggage upon moving it to your room.
Masks: Mandatory masks for staff and guests to wear in public spaces; Masks not required when dining at the Lodge, with your family/ group, on your balcony or veranda, when swimming or privately enjoying one of our many secluded sun decks. Our eyes will always smile to you and we know you will smile back with your eyes too!
Dining: New option to dine privately on your veranda or on one of our many secluded locations with setup fee waived or reduced.
Guest Rooms: Multiple-points room sanitizing, including all points of contact; Sanitization of all surfaces and A/C units between stays; Extensive deep cleaning and ventilation after guest departure.
Restaurant, and All Public Areas: Multiple sanitization throughout the day of all furnishings, restrooms, loungers, chairs and all other surfaces; Sterilization of high-touch areas, such as light switches, door handles, etc.
As we navigate the unknowns and evolving official guidelines, we are giving great importance and attention to keeping Tensing Pen just as inviting, relaxing, healing and romantic as you have always known it to be.
We are all in this together, and together we shall overcome.